Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Healthy Roasted Veggies

Roasted Zucchini
I make roasted veggies multiple times every week! It's a healthy side dish that goes so well with so many types of food. My typical go-to veggies are butternut squash and zucchini. I've also used my general technique on broccoli, cauliflower, and sweet potatoes. 

Roasted Butternut Squash

Here's how I make them:
  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
  • Cube or slice your veggies. (I often do this for all of them at the beginning of the week and then roast them throughout the week as we need them. I just store them in a container of water in the fridge.)
  • If your veggies are wet, pat them dry with a dishcloth. 
  • Spray/coat your cookie sheet/pan with olive oil. I have a pump of olive oil and just spray a little bit on to keep the veggies from sticking.
  • Spread them out on the pan - always give them more room than you think they need! They don't roast as well when they are crowded (especially the butternut squash).
  • Sprinkle them with the seasoning of your choice - I use Parmesan cheese (1 Tbs max for a large cookie sheet) and a "All-Purpose" seasoning (salt-free and again probably 1 Tbs for one pan). You really don't need to add extra salt beyond what's in the Parmesan. 
  • Roast the veggies for 30-40 minutes (30 for zucchini, broccoli, and cauliflower and 40 for squash and sweet potato cubes). 

No comments:

Post a Comment