Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Five Languages of Apology: A Book Review

Image: Amazon
Much like his other book, Gary Chapman's The Five Languages of Apology: How to Experience Healing in All Your Relationships is focused on having the best relationship you can. While I apply this and The Five Love Languages specifically to my relationship with my husband, the books are applicable to any and all relationships.

I think that this book is most effective if read and applied before marriage or even engagement. Discovering your spouse's and your own languages of apology can minimize the chance of misunderstandings in your relationship. Make sure you ask your spouse or significant other for their languages so you can practice apologizing to them in the language they are programmed with. 

My husband and I have the same top two languages of apology, so we didn't really have to adjust how we say sorry, but we found it helpful to see the examples of how to truly apologize to someone. Chapman has such an easy writing style and peppers the text with real examples that really open your eyes to apology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment