Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Celebrating Memories


One important part of making memories for me is celebrating and sharing them with others. Significant dates are the easiest to make into memories (anniversaries, birthdays, etc.). This year I'm going to focus on birthdays - just immediate family of my husband and myself for now - it's ok to start small!

I feel like it's important to acknowledging birthdays of those close to you. Collect birthday's of those you want to remember and write them into your calendar, planner or phone. Make sure you make a reminder at least a week in advance so you have time to prepare everything! 

A physical gift isn't necessary - a well thought out letter detailing why you're grateful to have that person in your life is more meaningful and often more useful than giving them materialistic things. If you don't have time or resources for big gift, a card is great too.  

Sometimes it is nice to give an actual gift. I love picking out that perfect present and seeing how happy it makes someone. It makes me happy too! Often I find myself wondering what to give someone, so whenever I find a gift that could work for a number of people I save it. I'm going to be sharing my "go to gifts" in my next post. So stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment